Let the journey begin...

Thursday, October 20, 2016

My First Music Video

                             Making of The Song. 'Pigmandu'

 The song clearly states that it relate pollution. Actually the concept of the song was first meant to tease the people around, to stop them from polluting environment. And this song was first composed six years ago. 

During those days Kathmandu was really crossing its limits regarding pollution. But some organizations and government seemed to be curious and were making promises on bringing a big change. 

Years passed and there were times I thought that, now they might get the job done. But nothing happened. Recently it came to my notice that Kathmandu has been ranked on the top three position among the world's most polluted city. I felt like I must now work upon it. So recorded this video.

Problems I faced while making this song. 

I really have gone through hell when I just started of making ideas of how to get my job done. People around started teasing me that I was insulting my mother land. Some said that I'm a useless dreamer. As a whole almost all people said its not a good idea. Very few supported and encouraged me. Some people were there who said that it was the worst song that they had ever heard. Despite of what people said I kept focusing on my work. Finally I got a recording studio. And I got everything arranged. When the song was out people who heard were shocked with the song, but the response they made was still the same. They kept forcing me from doing the job. 

I was out of job for a year and all my money was spent. Yet, I didn't quit. I had now a video to make. I asked for a loan from my friends. And everyone denied. But one friend said he liked my concept and was ready to help me. But he had very little amount of money. Well it could be a good start, I said and I began my work. The video maker himself was not interested in my video. He just claimed for the money and told me to shoot the video myself. Unfortunately my camera was not working. I took it to repair but the elements necessary were not found in Nepal nor in India. 

Helpless, yet I didn't quit, I asked help from my students and my friends. But all I got was disappointed. They just asked for time and each and everyone of them wasted mine. Not a single one stood to help me. I now started feeling like I'm broken. But I didn't quit.

I started taking pictures and videos from my mobile, also some foreigners who visited Nepal helped me by providing their video. Finally with lots of hardships I got my video complete. 

Lets see what results I get. I just want people to come together and clean this man made pollution.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment